Tuesday, June 3, 2008

John Cusack

Dearest Readers...I mean Reader,

I often find myself holding a movie I have heard about for years, but never bothered to watch for whatever personal stand points I had deterring me from a certain director or actor/actress. It was just recently I stumbled upon a certain actor I never had any strong feelings towards one way or another, and his name is John Cusack. You're probably thinking, "But, Tom, isn't he one of those Breakfast Club kids?" You would be close to the truth; however, he was on Sixteen Candles, you little jump to conclusioners. Don't let that be the movie you think of when you think of John Cusack. That was my problem. I thought of that and the fact that I only heard his name referred to in cutesie love movies (Must Love Dogs, for instance), but there's much more to his career than holding boom boxes above his head in the rain, I can assure you. Over the course of however the heck long I feel like, I will be reviewing the dozen John Cusack movies I have recently watched, just to educate you. Now, now, before you go rushing to the video store to pick up a random flick with his name on the top of the cover, please, read the reviews. I don't want to hear, "Tom, I watched Martian Child and it sucked. It was not for me, Tom." There is a John Cusack movie out there for you, so be patient, movie-viewers.

Love,
Tom

No comments: